Friday, January 30, 2009

a Future & a Hope - Manna Rescue Home

I had the privilege of visiting the Manna Rescue Home twice in the last two weeks. This home was opened in January 2008 by Y.E.S. Uganda to provide shelter, food, medical care and God’s love for thirty HIV/AIDS afflicted orphans who have no care-giver. Sadly, these children and others with this disease are like modern day lepers in Uganda. They are the outcasts of society and are considered worthless by many. Some believe that investing in them is a waste of time since “they are going to die anyway”. A few have even been denied food by their own families for this very reason. Carol says it is remarkable how these children begin to thrive within this hope infused environment as their dignity is restored and as their value is affirmed. Showing the children’s version of “The Jesus Film” to these kids was one of the highlights of my visit. I was unsure if this film would hold their attention especially since most of them do not understand much English. Our translator, however, did a great job and it was obvious that the kids were riveted. Most of them eagerly expressed interest in receiving Christ as their Savior after the gospel message was presented at the end of the film. I felt honored to lead these precious kids in a short prayer of salvation with the help of our translator. But I did not need a translator to understand the joy on their faces or their warm hugs, handshakes and laughter. It is comforting to realize that God knows the number of their days and their times are in His hands.

To learn more about Manna Rescue Home or to make a donation, please visit the Y.E.S. Uganda website: www.caroladamsministry.com

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11)

2 comments:

  1. My friend,

    I was deeply moved while reading this article. Thanks so much for sharing it.

    L <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. The angels were raising the roof to welcome these precious ones into the kingdom! Thanking the Father for His grace and mercy. Your visit was divinely inspired. How wonderful is that?

    ReplyDelete